[xmonad] Issue 557 in xmonad: xmonad grabs keyboard and mouse on focus follows mouse, reproducibly

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Tue Sep 24 21:32:42 CEST 2013

Comment #8 on issue 557 by dradet... at gmail.com: xmonad grabs keyboard and
mouse on focus follows mouse, reproducibly

I have had a similar problem: When I select a text input in firefox or
chrome, sometimes the keyboard becomes unresponsive, even to C-M-fn. The
mouse still responds and I can do stuff, but not fix the keyboard, even by
deselecting or closing the relevant tab. I never had a spontaneous ungrab,
even after leaving the laptop for some time.

I never had this problem until I upgraded from ubuntu 12.10 to 13.04. I was
using xmonad 0.11. I now use i3 so this is no longer my problem.