[xmonad] Issue 559 in xmonad: Redraw of Gnomeapps fails

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Mon Nov 4 13:49:06 UTC 2013

Comment #6 on issue 559 by RoySin... at gmail.com: Redraw of Gnomeapps fails

I have the same as issues as described in the bug report.

I've also tried fetching the latest xmonad and xmonad-contrib built from
darcs. I need to remove the SetWMName startup hook and ICCCMFocus
takeTopFocus loghook to have gnome applications redraw normally.

So currently I'm in a flux where I can't use PyCharm (Jetbrains Java IDE
and other java applications) or not having any working gtk3 applications.

Issue can easily be reproduced by using "wmname" from suckless-tools
(Debian Sid) to set anything for wmname to make gnome applications break.

FAQ seems also to be updated after I reported this on IRC:
http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/index.php?title=Xmonad%2FFrequently_asked_questions&action=historysubmit&diff=57053&oldid=56813 .