[xmonad] Change Layout Using a Hotkey

Tim DuBois tim at neophilus.net
Fri May 3 11:06:08 CEST 2013

Yeah; I probably did (relatively new to xmonad myself)..

My understanding of the OP's question is they want a set of layouts they
can cycle through normally in the layoutHook (eg resizabletall, mosaic,
spiral); then have a hot key that overrides this behaviour and jumps to
another layout (eg full).

If this is the case one can define all of their layouts in the hook,
then using onWorkspace (or onWorkspaces) from
XMonad.Layout.PerWorkspace, indicate which layouts to use in the normal
rotation whilst still having the hot key layouts defined [I also use
avoidStruts here; hence my original confusion].

Otherwise I've missed the point entirely; hopefully your suggestions
will solve the problem Brandon.

    On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 6:24 PM, Tim DuBois <tim at neophilus.net