[xmonad] fadeInactiveLogHook on dual monitor with nvidia

Robert Sawko robertsawko at gmail.com
Wed May 1 16:30:39 CEST 2013

> Are you running a compositing manager? The fade hooks only set window
> properties for a compositing manager; xmonad is not itself a compositing
> manager, and I'm not sure it should try to get into that business. (Go look at
> how compositing managers for X11 work to see why.) compton seems to be the most
> reliable of the standalone compositing managers, although all of them have
> bugs.
Many thanks Brandon for your reply and apologies for such a late reply.
Today I had some time to have a look into the matter and yes, I am using
a compositing manager. I was using xcompmgr which was in official
repositories. Today I tried to run X with compton and it works perfectly
now - this is exactly how I wanted it to behave.

Best wishes,
Robert
--
For those seeking to enter the felicity of matrimonial alliance n/e is the answer.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secretary_problem