[xmonad] Issue 538 in xmonad: X.H.DynamicBars call to xrrSelectInput has no effect

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Wed Mar 27 05:23:33 CET 2013

Owner: ----

New issue 538 by johnnysp... at gmail.com: X.H.DynamicBars call to
xrrSelectInput has no effect

What steps will reproduce the problem?

1. Use attached xmonad.hs (vanilla + minimal DynamicBars).
2. Turn second display off and on:

    xrandr --output VGA1 --off
    xrandr --output VGA1 --preferred --right-of LVDS1

3. Apply select_input_fix.dpatch, rebuild and restart xmonad.
4. Turn second display off and on.
5. Undo previous patch, apply select_input_not_fix.dpatch, rebuild and
restart xmonad.
6. Turn second display off and on.

Expected: In steps 2, 4, and 6: see "DESTROYING"/"CREATING" messages in
xmonad output.

Actual: Only step 4 produces the expected messages. Steps 2 and 6 produce
no output.

xmonad 0.11 (darcs)
xmonad-contrib 0.11 (darcs)
xorg 1.14.0
xrandr 1.4.0
X11 (Haskell binding)

Are you using an xmonad.hs?  Please attach it and the output of "xmonad

"xmonad --recompile" produces no output.

I'm expecting step 2 to work because dynStatusBarStartup calls
xrrSelectInput. This apparently doesn't do what it's supposed to do for me,
possibly for the same reason that step 6 doesn't work.

	xmonad.hs  551 bytes
	select_input_fix.dpatch  2.2 KB
	select_input_not_fix.dpatch  2.3 KB

issue notifications to this address.