[xmonad] Further xmodmap and numlock woes

Thomas Løcke thomas.granvej6 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 15:58:23 CET 2013

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 3:42 PM, Marshall Lochbaum <mwlochbaum at gmail.com>wrote:

> I have never really understood xmodmap, and I suspect it's broken in a
> few ways. You can probably fix your problem by moving numlock to a
> different keysym, like this:
>
> xmodmap -e "keysym Num_Lock = F13"

Nope, that didn't work either. When I do the above my xmonad mod key goes
puff, just like it does with clear mod2. xmonad really does not like it
when I try to change one of the modx keys.  :o)

I've never had any problems with xmodmap before. I've used it countless
times to change/disable keys, fix mouse buttons and whatnot. It has never
seemed broken to me, and since the only problem I'm having is the death of
my xmonad mod key, I rather suspect this issue is a matter of me getting my
xmonad.hs file right.