[xmonad] prompt for clipboard history

Donatella Quagli donatella.quagli at yahoo.de
Fri Jul 19 19:57:26 CEST 2013

Dear all,

I would like to have a prompt command to reselect something from my clipboard
history. The history is created with a simple cron job that executes
  xclip -o >> $HOME/.clipboard-history
every second.

My question is, how can I create the auto completion list from that file? I
tried for many hours and finally gave up. My last try was this command:
  ((mod3Mask, xK_c), inputPromptWithCompl myXPConfig "clipboard"
                     mkComplFunFromList(runProcessWithInput "cat /home/donatella/.clipboard-history") ?+
                     (\r -> spawn $ "echo" ++ r ++ "| xclip"))
which did not work. Can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance
Donatella