[xmonad] Dialog windows get overlapped in Gimp (floating layer)

David Unric dunric29a at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 17:17:10 CET 2013

Hi,

can anybody give me an advice how to fix the following issue ?

Whenever the Gimp is launched all its windows are put in a floating layer
on reserved workspace:

import qualified XMonad.StackSet as StackSet
myManageHook = composeAll
    [
     , className ~? "Gimp"           --> shiftView "graphics" <+> doFloat
    ]
    where
        shiftView ws    = doShift ws <+> doF (StackSet.greedyView ws)

So far so good, the Gimp windows "gimp-image-window", "gimp-toolbox" and
"gimp-dock" are properly moved to "graphics" workspace and sent to float.

However if I invoke any dialog from the main window like "gimp-file-open"
(File/Open from the menu) it is not placed as the top window but appears
bellow "gimp-toolbox" and "gimp-dock" and I have to manually  place it in
front every time.

Any idea how to fix this annoying glitch ?

Thx

xmonad 0.11