[xmonad] xmonad and remapping keys with xmodmap

Ico Doornekamp xmonad at zevv.nl
Fri Jan 18 16:12:49 CET 2013

* On Fri Jan 18 15:45:26 +0100 2013, wagnerdm wrote:

> Yeah, that's a bit annoying. The culprit is that xmonad asks X to
> convert keysyms into keycodes, then binds keycodes instead of keysyms.
> This is subtly a bug because many keycodes may map to the same keysym,
> in which case X will choose one arbitrarily to return from the
> conversion. You might be interested in
>
> http://code.google.com/p/xmonad/issues/detail?id=273

I applied that patch to xmonad 0.10, but unfortunately ghc does not like the
result:

XMonad/Main.hsc:355:40:
    Couldn't match expected type `KeyCode' with actual type `Char'
    In the second argument of `keycodeToKeysym', namely `code'
    In the second argument of `($)', namely
      `keycodeToKeysym dpy code 0'
    In a stmt of a 'do' block: io $ keycodeToKeysym dpy code 0

My haskell-fu happens to be a bit bit low today (e.g. I have absolutely *no
clue* on how to fix this), is there a simple fix to help me out here?

Ico

--
:wq
^X^Cy^K^X^C^C^C^C