[xmonad] Workspace ordering and DynamicWorkspaces (+ patch)

Hans Chen hanswchen at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 00:27:20 CET 2013

I use DynamicWorkspaces with a few predefined workspaces. The problem is
that when creating a new workspace, it gets sorted before my predefined
workspaces and thus I can't always have e.g. "web" on Mod+1.

When searching for this issue I found the following patch:
http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/xmonad/2012-July/012810.html
I've been using it successfully since then, and in my opinion this new
behavior makes much more sense. My question is, does anyone know why the
patch hasn't been merged yet? Is there anything I can do to get it merged?

Note that I don't have anything to do with the patch, all credits goes to
the original author Matthew Hague.

Cheers, and great work with the 0.11 release!
Hans