[xmonad] cabal sandbox

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 15:27:05 CET 2013

On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 5:12 AM, Carsten Mattner
<carstenmattner at gmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks Brandon I did think about actually and to be precise
> I did try to build and run it in and from the sandbox.

Even so, it would need to recognize at compile time that it's in a sandbox
and substitute the appropriate cabal-install invocations for ghc.  I think
this would work better with hsenv, but again even there it would need to
recognize that it needs to load hsenv's shell configuration (or you'd need
to ensure that xmonad always starts with said configuration, which at least
is easier).