[xmonad] Issue 393 in xmonad: XMonad.Prompt.Shell should use user-defined searchPredicate

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Sat Feb 2 17:01:30 CET 2013

Comment #5 on issue 393 by dunric... at gmail.com: XMonad.Prompt.Shell should
use user-defined searchPredicate

Hi,

me again. As a search predicate for shellPrompt is still not implemented in
an upstream, here is the updated patch to xmonad-contrib 0.11 sources.

In addition to the previous version it sorts list of the possible commands
not only alphabetically but also favours commands starting with the same
sequence as typed in prompt. Similar behaviour seen at dmenu launcher.
For example my search predicate for XMonad.Prompt.Shell.shellPrompt matches
anywhere inside of possible command names, not only at their begining and
ignoring case at the same time:
     searchPredicate = L.isInfixOf . map toLower

Now when trying to launch a firefox browser and type "fire" at xmonad's
shellPrompt I'm getting the following completions in that order:
firefox aafire cacafire

Attachments:
	shell-compl_predicate.patch  5.1 KB