[xmonad] XMonad move windows with different title after start to a specific workspace

Manuel Holzleitner manuel.holzleitner at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 12:15:45 CET 2013

I want to automatically assign windows of Intellij Idea projects to
specific workspaces in xmonad. I tried the following in my xmonad.hs:

myManageHook = composeAll . concat $
                  [  [ fmap (c `isInfixOf`) title  --> doShift "5:lp" | c
<- myLP]
                   , [ fmap (c `isInfixOf`) title  --> doShift "2:amq-svc"
| c <- myAmq]
                   , [ fmap (c `isInfixOf`) title  --> doShift "3:testfwks"
| c <- myTest]
                   ]

                   where myLP = ["lp-intellij"]
                         myAmq = ["msg-svc-intellij"]
                         myTest = ["testframeworks"]

However, it seems when a Intellij window is started at first the title is
just "Intellij" and does not contain the projects name, so xmonad does not
shift the window to the workspace. Is it possible to execute this hook when
a title of a window changes, so that the projects are assigned
automatically to its workspace?