[xmonad] servermode patch for xmonad-contrib

adam vogt vogt.adam at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 18:24:23 UTC 2013

Hi Peter,

I applied your patch.

Having substantial code in the comments is not very convenient, since
then people have to copy-paste to run it even if there is no
customization. But that's how it was before you make changes.
Furthermore there's no guarantee that it can compile. There are a
couple options I think are better than the current situation:

1. have a (xmonadServerMode :: XConfig layout -> IO ()) which picks up
on environment variables, so I think you could then send commands
like:

  xmonad DO_SOMETHING=parameter

2. export a XMonad.Hooks.ServerMode.main, which is the same as the example code:

  runghc -e XMonad.Hooks.ServerMode.main -a ...

3. something else

Regards,
Adam