[xmonad] how to handle "request focus" events properly

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 19:01:54 UTC 2013

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 1:30 PM, Ferenc Wagner <wferi at niif.hu> wrote:

> I positively hate that Firefox, if visible on the other screen, steals
> focus from my MUA when I click on some URL which Firefox opens.  How
> could I get rid of this?  My config is basically:

That doesn't seem to have the EWMH hooks, so Firefox is probably falling
back to hard focusing its own windows. About the only way to prevent that
is to arrange for it to have a dummy XSetInputFocus() in scope, or to use a
hacked EWMH that advertises but ignores the EWMH focus change event. (This
hacked EWMH is not in xmonad-contrib. Yet.)