[xmonad] Google Chrome notifications and multiple monitors

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sat Apr 27 18:03:30 CEST 2013

On Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 11:46 AM, Miles Sabin <miles at milessabin.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 4:39 PM, Brandon Allbery <allbery.b at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > That "flickering", in my experience, is an indication that it's trying to
> > find a systray to "attach" the notifications to. Are you running anything
> > like trayer or stalonetray?
>
> I'm working off Config.Kde and have a KDE panel with a system tray ...
> it appears to be fully operational.

Interesting. In any case this seems to be a Chrome (mis?)feature; my
XFCE+xmonad setup has the systray at the top, and chromium-browser also
shows the flickering at the bottom before deciding where to place
notifications. (I rather wish it would just use system notifications.
Although then it's probably use the craptacular built-in thing on Mountain
Lion instead of Growl, sigh.)

BTW, is the external monitor actually configured as primary via xrandr, or
is it "primary" only by usage?