[xmonad] fadeInactiveLogHook on dual monitor with nvidia

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 15:53:36 CEST 2013

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 8:41 AM, Robert Sawko <robertsawko at gmail.com> wrote:

> Basically fadeInactiveLogHook is not working. I would like the inactive
> windows to fade slightly as this helps me focus on the right terminal.

Are you running a compositing manager? The fade hooks only set window
properties for a compositing manager; xmonad is not itself a compositing
manager, and I'm not sure it should try to get into that business. (Go look
at how compositing managers for X11 work to see why.) compton seems to be
the most reliable of the standalone compositing managers, although all of
them have bugs.