[xmonad] XMonad.Config.Prime, a monadic config syntax

adam vogt vogt.adam at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 00:09:10 CEST 2012

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 2:36 AM, Devin Mullins <me at twifkak.com> wrote:
> Hello, folks. Loooong time no see. I had some free time and spare energy this
> weekend, and this one had always been curiousing me. A couple things:
>
> 1. I `darcs rec`d with --no-test, since Minimize was complaining about a
> shadowed identifier.
>
> 2. This adds new build deps on fclabels and template-haskell. I know y'all are
> generally fairly conservative on new deps. What do you think?

Hi Devin,

At some point I tried something that's perhaps a bit more ambitious,
at least in terms of re-order things like layout modifiers:
http://projects.haskell.org/xmonad-extras/XMonad-Config-Alt.html
but I think your TH solution to the layout issue is more likely to go
into contrib instead of perhaps going into xmonad-extras

In principle there is an objection to template haskell (and fclabels
which requires it), since there are supposedly some situations where
you can get a ghc but no ghci which I recall is required for template
haskell to run. But maybe that isn't a big deal anymore.

Adam