[xmonad] Don't use xmessage when (re)compile errors

Norbert Zeh nzeh at cs.dal.ca
Tue Sep 25 13:46:24 CEST 2012

Pablo Olmos de Aguilera C. [2012.09.25 0005 -0400]:
> Honestly I don't like xmessage very much, I'm happy enough looking the
> compile errors in the file .errors file or directly on the terminal.
> Besides uninstalling xmessage is there other sensible way to
> deactivate it?

Hi Pablo:

You can of course always get the darcs version and edit the source code that
invokes xmessage and make sure it doesn't do that.  This may not be a great
idea, though, because you might get terribly confused that some change you made
in your xmonad.hs file seems to have no effect...because of a compile error you
were not notified of.  My point is: the way it's set up right now, the popping
up of xmessage is your only indication that the recompile on restart failed.

Cheers,
Norbert