[xmonad] Issue 515 in xmonad: XMonad freezes occasionally when using Gridselect (XMonadContrib)

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Thu Sep 20 22:12:22 CEST 2012

Owner: ----

New issue 515 by bmathiasen: XMonad freezes occasionally when using
Gridselect (XMonadContrib)

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Toggling Gridselect (goToSelected/gridselectWorkspace)
2. Attempt to move to another window or workspace.

Expected output: Normal 2D grid of windows/workspaces, that I can swap to
using the keyboard.

What I see: The 2D grid opens, but any subsequent input from the keyboard
will occasionally cause XMonad to freeze; windows and workspaces will
become unresponsive. It is possible to go to another tty to kill xmonad,
after which a WM can be launched on the appropriate display.

XMonad version 0.10 (built from source, package manager, and Cabal) on the
following OS's:
- LinuxMint (DebianTesting edition) using XFCE4.
- Xubuntu (11.10 and 12.04).
- Ubuntu (12.04).

All setups tried on two separate laptops, Lenovo Thinkpad X220 and T400s.

Are you using an xmonad.hs?  Please attach it and the output of "xmonad
--recompile".
No output.

My xmonad.hs uses custom functions for gridselecting windows and
workspaces, but the same error occur with the default configuration.

Upon freeze, there is no relevant error logging output in
/var/log/messages, ~/.Xsession-errors or ~/.xmonad/xmonad.errors.

Attachments:
	xmonad.hs  8.9 KB