[xmonad] Per-monitor EWMH Gaps

wagnerdm at seas.upenn.edu wagnerdm at seas.upenn.edu
Wed Sep 19 15:28:02 CEST 2012

Quoting David Chanters <david.chanters at googlemail.com>:

> Is it possible to have per-monitor (Xinerama) gaps defined?

It is possible, and assuming you're using avoidStruts/manageDocks,
should Just Work out of the box. (It does here.) Can you show us what
xprop _NET_WM_STRUT_PARTIAL says for the windows which do not have
appropriate gaps defined?

> Note also this solution falls over if I end up switching workspace 1
> on monitor 1, to monitor 2.

This sounds very strange. Are you sure the appropriate windows are
being ignored by xmonad, that is, are you sure you're using
manageDocks correctly?

~d