[xmonad] How to organize myLayoutHook?

Daniel Trstenjak daniel.trstenjak at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 09:48:59 CEST 2012

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 09:34:06AM +0200, Daniel Trstenjak wrote:
>         format (w:[]) = workspace w
>         format (w:ws) = workspace w ||| format ws
>
>         workspace (name, dir, layouts) = onWorkspace name layouts defaultWorkspace
>                                             ||| modWorkspace name (workspaceDir dir) defaultWorkspace

Wait, I think the usage of ||| is wrong here, because it would result in more layouts than
you want. So it should be more something like (again, without testing):

        format (w:[]) = workspace w defaultWorkspace
        format (w:ws) = workspace w $ format ws

        workspace (name, dir, layouts) = onWorkspace name layouts $ modWorkspace name (workspaceDir dir)

Greetings,
Daniel