[xmonad] Issue 516 in xmonad: XMonad and xmobar wake up too often and are consuming more battery power

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Tue Oct 16 04:59:01 CEST 2012

Owner: ----

New issue 516 by hpsMo... at gmail.com: XMonad and xmobar wake up too often
and are consuming more battery power

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Start XMonad and/or xmobar
2. Check their wakeup frequency with powertop
3.

About half year ago when I used XMonad for the first time the wakeup
frequency was only 10 times per second, sometimes even less. Now it often
gets to 100, especially in idle state.

Debian wheezy. XMonad 0.10-4+b2 from debian official repo.

Are you using an xmonad.hs?  Please attach it and the output of "xmonad
--recompile".
This issue is reproducible on my laptop with any configuration, including
the default empty configuration.

When there's an active X program running (like the chromium browser I'm
typing in now), wakeup freq of both xmonad and xmobar are likely to drop to
about 40/sec. But as keyboard and mouse become idle the freq rises up again.