[xmonad] Transition from Xlib to XCB

timothyhobbs at seznam.cz timothyhobbs at seznam.cz
Thu Nov 15 22:56:36 CET 2012

The thing about doing wayland, is you DON'T want to just "do" wayland.
Wayland opens up many new possibilities and those possibilities should be
engineered around.  Specifically, xmonad's layouts currently  return
rectangles.  In wayland they should return quadrilaterals with their points
floating in 3D space, and zoom levels as well.  Wayland gives us the ability
to do things like the zoom layouts correctly, so they would actually make
things bigger/smaller depending on focus :)  That would be COOL!!!  It is
one of the biggest things I'm looking forward to in wayland.

Timothy