[xmonad] A community-driven effort to make XMonad better and better

Johan Brinch brinchj at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 10:13:58 CET 2012

On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 10:07 AM, Gwern Branwen <gwern0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 3:37 AM, Alfredo Di Napoli
> <alfredo.dinapoli at gmail.com> wrote:
>> There are 100 git repo for every Darcs repo.
>
> Actually, I keep a comprehensive collection of Haskell repos locally
> for use as a corpus, including things like a complete copy of all
> Haskell* GitHub repos circa March 2011, and the Git repos number 4,679
> and the Darcs repos number 984. 100:1 is quite an exaggeration of 5:1.
>
> * stuff detected as having Haskell, so it's overly broad and is an upper bound

There's a bit of confusion here. Alfredo was referring to git
repositories in general, not Haskell repositories. You're assuming
everyone who uses darcs are using it for Haskell. If I understand
correctly, darcs is a general purpose VCS written in Haskell and
thereby popular in the Haskell community.

In any case, I see no reason to dig into an obviously used for illustration.

Also, I don't care about the VCS.

--
Johan Brinch