[xmonad] A community-driven effort to make XMonad better and better

Carsten Mattner carstenmattner at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 21:36:22 CET 2012

On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 8:56 PM, Carlos López Camey <c.lopez at kmels.net> wrote:
> 2012/11/7 Carsten Mattner <carstenmattner at gmail.com>:
>> xmonad used darcs and therefore http://hub.darcs.net would
>> be a better fit. Joachim's patch tracker works and darcs works.
>>
>> I think we only need more reviewers and contributors and a
>> more active committer to the canonical darcs repository.
>>

> +1. In addition to it, a release plan would be just as appropriate.

+1

A related datapoint is that I've seen more than one project
on github without a release plan and therefore github not
automatically solving that problem. It's all about active
contributors and maintainers if you ask me.

I suppose what I'm saying is that xmonad has a maintainer
and not a tooling issue.

> It has been 1 year since the 0.10 release. If we are doing the 0.11
> (or just peak at current progress) and want to summarize fixed bugs or
> features in a changelog, is the bug tracker's Advanced search [0] the
> tool to use?
>
> [0] http://code.google.com/p/xmonad/issues/advsearch

BTW, is it only me or is google code's issue system better
than github's?