[xmonad] A community-driven effort to make XMonad better and better

Alfredo Di Napoli alfredo.dinapoli at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 15:17:12 CET 2012

On 7 November 2012 15:12, Carsten Mattner <carstenmattner at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 2:56 PM, Alfredo Di Napoli
> <alfredo.dinapoli at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > after a conversation with the current maintainer (Adam) and some guys at
> the
> > Copenhagen Uni I'm trying to convey XMonad efforts in a single point.
> > Therefore, I've created this organization on Github:
> >
> > https://github.com/XMonad
>
> Is this official?

What do you mean by official? It's an effort to be as official as possible.
That means involving the whole
xmonad community, the more the merrier. I've started it just because I
wanted to go for a "kickstart" to accelerate
the process. Whoever wants can partecipate. I hope this to be the official
xmonad organization :)

> > Please share your thoughts in the README repo, fire an issue maybe. The
> plan
> > is to integrate XMonad with the latest patches, together with other
> related
> > product like
> > osxmonad.
>
> Would you mind making the github org's name all lowercase?
> It accepts all variations of 'xmonad' but I believe it will be cleaner
> to have it
> all lowercase.

Done :)