[xmonad] Issue 177 in xmonad: xmonad does not follow ICCCM and ignores WM_TAKE_FOCUS protocol

Eyal Erez oneself at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 17:29:54 CET 2012

Hi,

I apologize in advance for the newbie question, but how can I
combine takeTopFocus with my existing logHook for xmobar?  Currently, my
logHook looks like this:
logHook = dynamicLogWithPP $ xmobarPP
                   { ppOutput = hPutStrLn xmproc
                   , ppTitle = xmobarColor "#a8fc46" "" . shorten 50
                   , ppOrder = \(ws:_:t:_) -> [ws, t]
                   }

How can I add takeTopFocus into the mix, while still keeping xmonbar
working?

Thank you,

On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 10:13 PM, <codesite-noreply at google.com> wrote:

> Comment #117 on issue 177 by sneil... at gmail.com: xmonad does not follow
> ICCCM and ignores WM_TAKE_FOCUS protocol
> http://code.google.com/p/**xmonad/issues/detail?id=177<http://code.google.com/p/xmonad/issues/detail?id=177>
>
> Please apply this patch. Seriously.

There are 10 types of people, those who know binary and those who don't.