[xmonad] Migrating from StumpWM...

Rafael Ibraim ibraim.gm at gmail.com
Tue May 15 18:50:59 CEST 2012

Hi! I'm migrating to Xmonad after 2 or 3 years of StumpWM and trying
to get keyBindings "stump-like".
My main problem is that I don't know how to use "C-t"(Control followed
by t) as a mod key. I tried this:

-----------------8<-------------------------------------------
import XMonad
import XMonad.Core

main = do
     xmonad $ defaultConfig
       {
         borderWidth = 2,
         modMask = myModMask
       }

myModMask = mod4Mask .|. xK_t
------------------------------>8-------------------------------

But "xK_t" is not found... I guess I'm missing some import line, but I
couldn't imagine which one
(Also, I will use Control instead of Win Key).

There's also two StumpWM commands that I don't know if there's
something equivalent:

"run-or-raise": Type an application name. If it's already started, get
it focused; if not, launch it.
"execute": Type anything and it will be executed like "bash -c
<whathever-you-typed>". Simple as that.

I'm mainly a lisp programmer, but I'm completely ignorant to haskell,
so any help would be really appreciated.

--
Rafael Ibraim
Oracle Database SQL Expert
ibraim.gm at gmail.com