[xmonad] Regexp WM_NAME ?

Pablo Olmos de Aguilera C. pablo at glatelier.org
Mon May 14 06:05:18 CEST 2012

On 13 May 2012 16:59, Brandon Allbery <allbery.b at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 4:48 PM, Pablo Olmos de Aguilera C.
> <pablo at glatelier.org> wrote:
>>
>> Yep, I can see that... I was asking for the quote after doSideFloat in
>> the last line:
>>
>> ..."Call with " -?> doSideFloat' CE ]
>

> Oh.  That's not behaving as a quote; it's behaving as a "prime" (following
> mathematical conventions).  Within an identifier (that is, not as the first
> character) single quotes are part of the identifier.  So you can have names
> like
>
>     doSideFloat'
>     a'b'c
>     y''' (that's 3 primes)

Hahaha, another surprise :P.

>> > The first one defined an operator (~?); the second showed how to use it.
>>
>> Thanks, the "-?>" I guess it's another operator?
>

> Yes, it's defined in XMonad.Hooks.ManageHelpers.
>
> http://xmonad.org/xmonad-docs/xmonad-contrib/XMonad-Hooks-ManageHelpers.html#v:-45--63--62-

Thanks! I'm going to read the documentation.

>>  I'm still trying to get used to haskell... way different about from
>> what I used too.
>

> Unless you have previous experience with an ML-family functional language,
> yes.

Thanks again for your help :). I just found Real World Haskell which
until now looks waay more easy to read that 'Gentle introduction to
haskell', which by the way of "gentle" has nothing. Can you suggest
any other reference to someone that has some background working with
web technologies, ruby and some python?

Saludos!
--
Pablo Olmos de Aguilera Corradini - @PaBLoX