[xmonad] FloatKeys and window decorations

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Mon May 7 13:13:26 CEST 2012

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 1:50 AM, Sergey Khorev <sergey.khorev at gmail.com>wrote:

> For instance, if I activate simpleFloat and try to use keysMoveWindow,
> the decoration simply disappears. Moreover, if I remove the call to
> `float' from keysMoveWindow, I end up with two separate pieces: the
> window moved and its decoration. Any idea how it can be fixed? Or are
> those fundamentally incompatible?

I think you're seeing just how much of a hack Decoration is.  :)

It's entirely possible that we're missing rerunning the layout somewhere;
the core assumes float windows are in some sense independent of the layout
and probably so does keysMoveWindow as a result, but Decoration is hooked
into the layout.