[xmonad] Focus problem with Java applications?

Robert Sawko robertsawko at gmail.com
Wed May 2 16:29:38 CEST 2012

Dear All,

I am a relative newcomer to xmonad. I have been using it for the last
couple of months and I enjoy it immensely but there's an issue which
started to bug me recently. I can't seem to edit some textboxes in Java
applications. I already have

wmname LG3D

in my xinitrc. I have found and read this thread

and tried the ICCCMFocus trick but no avail. Is this a known bug? Is
there any fix to it?

The java application I use is geogebra and matlab. geogebra for instance
does not allow me to modify slider settings that are presented in a
dialogue window.

Please let me know if there's any possibility of getting this fixed.

Robert