[xmonad] Patch: X.H.FadeInactive and X.A.GridSelect

Jesper Reenberg jesper.reenberg at gmail.com
Tue May 1 21:12:33 CEST 2012

X.H.FadeInactive:
Attached is my previous patch, which seems to have been stranded. Anyways
there don't seem to have been any objections.

X.A.GridSelect:
* Fixed X.A.GridSelect to be consistent in the way it (now) sorts the shown
  elements when modifying the searchString.

  The implemented ordering sorts based on how "deep the needle is in the
  haystack", meaning that searching for "st" in the elements "Install" and
"Study"
  will order them as "Study" and "Install". Previously there was no
ordering and
  when using GridSelect to select workspaces, the ordering was not
consistent, as
  the list of workspaces (if not modified manually) is ordered by last
used. In
  this case either "Study" or "Install" would come first depending on which
  workspace was last visited.

By not having it consistent, it really fucks with muscle memory.
I'm open for other ways of sorting the elements when the searchString is
not null, however sorting them in the order of "the depth of the match"
seems to be very intuitive, as I (and others I have talked to) tend to
write the first letters of the word that is searched for.

--
Reenberg