[xmonad] [patch] EwmhDesktops: make setActiveWindow set _NET_WM_STATE for gtk-3.4

Jens Petersen juhp at community.haskell.org
Mon Mar 12 12:11:16 CET 2012

Hi,

I am not an expert on EWMH but this change seems to be necessary for coming
GTK 3.4, when using themes like Adwaita, that now supports
@theme_unfocused_fg_color
which causes unfocused application's UI to be rendered unfocused in addition
to the normal unfocused window manager decoration.  Current
desktopConfig triggers
this causing all Gtk3 apps to be rendered as unfocused.

Anyway I would appreciate review of this patch and feedback: perhaps
there is a better
more correct fix?  I am planning to apply a patch for this shortly to
Fedora 17 xmonad-contrib,
otherwise GTK apps in gnomeConfig etc look terrible.  There are more
technical details in
the changelog.  I haven't found any other window manager that triggers
this issue yet.

Jens