[xmonad] Bug in program depends on number of tiled windows

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 02:01:46 CET 2012

On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 17:54, Wirt Wolff <wirtwolff at gmail.com> wrote:

> With two, three, or four, all but the newest are blank until resized, so
> far as I can tell with just a few tests.
>
> Mod-n to refresh and focus changes do nothing, but any xmonad operation
> that resizes triggers redrawing.
>
> Another weird symptom is that with 3 plots, the third plotted and the
> first two blank...  changing to an empty workspace and then back to the
> plot workspace draws two of the plots but not consistently. Sometimes 1
> and 3 get drawn, and other times 2 and 3. :/

> Toggling plots to and from full-screen also give unpredictable behavior.

Somehow I'm thinking R is waiting until some negotiation is complete, that
xmonad thinks is already complete.  I'm curious as to whether it relies on
libX11/xcb/whatever toolkit it's using handling ConfigureRequest or tries
to do so itself; that's the most obvious difference between the various
cases *and* where xmonad is likely to differ from other window managers.

I'd be curious as to whether any problems have been reported with R in
other nonreparenting or tiling window managers.  (Note, the two are not the
same thing.)