[xmonad] Patch: changes in Prompt and new module

Carlos López Camey c.lopez at kmels.net
Fri Jun 29 00:58:34 CEST 2012

please find attached the following patch.

I have a question in case it gets applied. I'd like to improve the
mode to search for files (locate isn't fast/good enough). So far I
thought of tracker [0] and recollq [1] but as noted none seemed 100%
right. I thought of loading the db written by 'updatedb' in the memory
[2] but I don't know if that's acceptable as xmonad tries to stay

[0] it would be fast, but it needs to add dbus as a dependency
[1] the query language doesn't apply to file *names* only (it works to
search for terms *in* files) http://www.lesbonscomptes.com/recoll/
[2] my mlocate.db is 37M for a 1.5TB disk

Comments on the patch:
2 patches for repository http://code.haskell.org/XMonadContrib:

Thu Jun 28 12:17:49 CEST 2012  c.lopez at kmels.net
  * Changes on XPrompt:

      * Adds mkPromptWithModes, creates a prompt given a list of modes
(list of XPType).

      * Adds Setting `alwaysHighlight` to defaultXPConfig. When set to
true, autocompletion always highlight the first result if it is not

  Adds module XMonad.Actions.Launcher. This module allows to combine
and switch between instances of XPrompt. It includes a default set of
modes which require the programs `hoogle`, `locate` and `calc` to be
installed to work properly.

Thu Jun 28 13:45:33 CEST 2012  c.lopez at kmels.net
  * Removes warnings, adds a browser value for LauncherConfig in
haddock comments