[xmonad] Show *all* windows in a grid layout

adam vogt vogt.adam at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 02:09:26 CEST 2012

On Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 1:11 PM, Sepp Tannhuber <sepp.tannhuber at yahoo.de> wrote:
> Hi Adam,
>
> thank you for your answer. It is impressive what is possible with these few lines of code.
> At the moment I have not found a way to make the modifications you mentioned.
>
> Is it possible to make key bindings dependent on the current layout? Something like
> "XMonad.Actions.PerLayoutKeys"?
>
> Cheers
> Joseph

Hi Joseph,

To do something like PerLayoutKeys, take PerWorkspaceKeys and replace
the "S.currentTag" with "description . S.layout . S.workspace .
S.current". A module that can help keeping the description strings
short and predictable is XMonad.Layout.Named. I think such a thing
would be nice to have in contrib, and probably the cleanest thing is
to have a PerXKeys module which exports one or two functions that let
you write "PerWorkspaceKeys.bindOn" in one line.

--
Adam