[xmonad] mupdf and llpp return from fullscreen

Carsten Mattner carstenmattner at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 25 00:21:20 CEST 2012

On Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 11:48 PM, Brandon Allbery <allbery.b at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Note that merely using the fullscreenEventHook from that module isn't
>> > enough. This hook merely enables the layout modifiers in the module to
>> > work.
>> > To get the behaviour you want, add the event hook and the manage hook
>> > from
>> > the module, and add the fullcsreenFull layout modifier to your layout
>> > hook.
>> > See also the module documentation[1].
>> >
>> > [1]:
>> >
>> > http://xmonad.org/xmonad-docs/xmonad-contrib/XMonad-Layout-Fullscreen.html
>>
>> I tried to make that works but failed.
>>
>> It seems that both XMonad.Hooks.EwmhDesktops XMonad.Layout.Fullscreen
>> provide the same hooks and that it results in a compile error
>> if I try "eventHook = fullscreenEventHook"
>

> This is a bug in the documentation, the field name changed between 0.9 and
> 0.10 and nobody updated it.  It should be handleEventHook, not eventHook.

Thanks it builds. The new config doesn't support the 'f' key in mupdf
for going fullscreen and mplayer still moves.

<snip>
import XMonad.Layout.Fullscreen
<snip>
  , manageHook = myManageHook <+> fullscreenManageHook  <+>
manageDocks <+> manageHook defaultConfig
  , layoutHook = fullscreenFull $ smartBorders $ layoutHints $
avoidStruts $ layoutHook defaultConfig
  , handleEventHook = fullscreenEventHook
<snip>
myManageHook = composeAll [