[xmonad] mupdf and llpp return from fullscreen

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 00:49:49 CEST 2012

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 2:57 PM, Carsten Mattner <
carstenmattner at googlemail.com> wrote:

> mupdf is configured doFloat and with isFullScreen --> doFullFloat and
> smartBorders it
> does perfectly go fullscreen. When I press 'f' again to return from
> fullscreen the previously
> floating mupdf window gets tiled. Same happens for llpp (mupdf based
> pdf viewer). No
> doFloat rule for llpp configured.

This appears to be normal for the Fullscreen layout modifier; it doesn't
remember whether a window was floating or tiled when it was fullscreened,
and always tiles the window on exiting fullscreen.  It would need to be
modified to track whether the window was floating or not when fullscreened
and restore that status; and it's not clear how to deal with a window that
is created fullscreen.