[xmonad] mplayer moves 1 step right and 1 step down

wagnerdm at seas.upenn.edu wagnerdm at seas.upenn.edu
Sat Jun 23 00:19:56 CEST 2012

At a guess, it's moving down and to the right by the size of your
borderWidth because some piece of software in the stack forgot that X
borders existed. Try setting your borderWidth to something big like 30
and you'll know if this is true. If only mplayer is exhibiting this
behavior, it is likely mplayer that's forgotten; otherwise, check if
you have a compositing manager running or if xmonad itself is doing
some math wrong somewhere.

~d