[xmonad] Firefox and Opera windows

Carsten Mattner carstenmattner at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 22 15:27:54 CEST 2012

I have a problem with Firefox and Opera windows.

Both seem to move or resize or readjust in a way I haven't
figured out yet when switching to the tag where either
is the only window.

I've configured a manageHook to doFullFloat on isFullScreen
and doFloat on many Firefox sub-windows/sub-dialogs which
seems not transient (addons settings, etc., bookmarks).

No manageHook for Opera.

Firefox is Linux nightly. Opera is Linux 12.00.

When I use a different then Unix style in Opera and make it
maximized by pressing the button in the title bar it always
unmaximizes anytime I change back to the tag with only Opera
in it.

To remove borders in fullscreen mode I've applied smartBorders
to the layout.
layoutHook = smartBorders (avoidStruts $ layoutHook defaultConfig)

Chromium doesn't seem to have this problem.

Any idea what's going on?