[xmonad] Configuration question

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 02:18:39 CEST 2012

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 8:04 PM, Evan Driscoll <driscoll at cs.wisc.edu> wrote:

> A short version which suffices: is it possible to set up a keybinding to
> change the keybindings?

The direct way is impossible, I'm afraid; you can't change the keybindings
dynamically.  You can change what a bound key *does* dynamically, though:
 given your example

> Mod-5 would choose between the desktops for project A. Then Mod-F2 would
> change to project B, and Mod-1 through Mod-5 would choose between the
> desktops for Project B.

it is possible for the mod-1 binding to check what workspace is current, or
possibly check something in ExtendedState, to determine what it should do.
http://xmonad.org/xmonad-docs/xmonad-contrib/XMonad-Actions-PerWorkspaceKeys.htmlautomates
the former.