No subject

Thu Jul 5 12:38:43 CEST 2012

to detect if focus should change. My guess is that plasma-desktop covers
these root windows. In that case, a possible solution could be to put
windows matching _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE = _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE_DESKTOP below
the root windows. But how? I'm still new to Haskell and xmonad, so a
thorough explanation would be much appreciated.

If you want to try to reproduce this, you can use this pretty standard
configuration: http://mogger.ath.cx/xmonad.hs (I have just added
kde4Config), and then run plasma-desktop. It doesn't matter if xmonad or
plasma-desktop starts first.

Thanks,
Hans

---
[1] http://xmonad.org/xmonad-docs/xmonad-contrib/XMonad-Config-Kde.html

--047d7b6d7df660d67f04ce715264

Hi,<br><br>I use xmonad with KDE integration[1]. After some changes it work=
s surprisingly well, but there&#39;s one minor annoyance: the screen focus =
only changes when clicking on windows (or when the mouse cursor enters wind=
ows if focusFollowsMouse is set to True), not when clicking on desktops. Th=
e cause seems to be plasma-desktop, KDE&#39;s desktop, since everything wor=
ks as expected if I quit plasma-desktop. The question is, is it possible to=
 fix this somehow?<br>

en to detect if focus should change. My guess is that plasma-desktop covers=
 these root windows. In that case, a possible solution could be to put wind=
ows matching _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE =3D _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE_DESKTOP below the =
root windows. But how? I&#39;m still new to Haskell and xmonad, so a thorou=
gh explanation would be much appreciated.<br>

configuration: <a href=3D"http://mogger.ath.cx/xmonad.hs">http://mogger.ath=
.cx/xmonad.hs</a> (I have just added kde4Config), and then run plasma-deskt=
op. It doesn&#39;t matter if xmonad or plasma-desktop starts first.<br>

ocs/xmonad-contrib/XMonad-Config-Kde.html">http://xmonad.org/xmonad-docs/xm=
onad-contrib/XMonad-Config-Kde.html</a><br>

--047d7b6d7df660d67f04ce715264--