[xmonad] doFullFloat keybinding?

Audun Skaugen audunskaugen at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 01:08:21 CEST 2012

På Mon, 16 Jul 2012 01:03:29 +0200, skrev Pablo Olmos de Aguilera C.
<pablo at glatelier.org>:

> If the window it is in fullscreen, why it matters if its floating or
> tiled? If you follow my solution, everytime you press f11 evince goes
> fullscreen and go back they way it were before (tiled prolly).
>
> Maybe I'm not understanding what's the original problem :P

It matters because the floating layer is clumsy to use. When a new
floating window completely covers an old one, the covered window will be
almost impossible to reach: you have to move the covering window out of
the way somehow and mod-click the covered window to bring it to top. When
the windows are in the tiled layer, the layout algorithm can handle window
ordering, so that a simple focus change will reorder the windows.

--
Audun Skaugen