[xmonad] darcs patch: This patch exposes the root window Event... (and 1 more)

Jochen Keil jochen.keil at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 19:57:15 CET 2012

Hello,

attached you'll find two patches which the EventMasks for the root and client
windows in XConfig. The intention is to enable people to write hooks (or in
general modules) which make use of e.g. keyPress/keyRelease Events.

I've written some hooks/modules myself which rely on some non-default Events and
it works well so far.

Since the patches themselves do not change the default behaviour of xmonad nor
cause any harm, I'd like to request that they get applied. :)

Many thanks in advance and best wishes,

Jochen

2 patches for repository http://code.haskell.org/xmonad:

Mon Jan 23 11:07:25 CET 2012  Jochen Keil <jrk at sternenrei.ch>
  * This patch exposes the root window EventMask to XConfig

  This is helpful for writing Hooks which should act on certain Events as for
  example keyPress or keyRelease.

Mon Jan 23 11:10:26 CET 2012  Jochen Keil <jrk at sternenrei.ch>
  * This patch exposes the client window EventMask to XConfig