[xmonad] Avoiding multiple status bar processes after XMonad restart

Jacek Generowicz jacek.generowicz at cern.ch
Sun Jan 15 01:49:23 CET 2012

Brandon Allbery wrote:

> You need to configure a StdinReader and use %StdinReader% in the
> template

Bingo! I didn't have it in the template.

Would you happen to know what the equivalent missing component might
be for dzen2? (Those still stay alive after xmonad restarts.)

Also, I've still got the problem that the new xmobars don't play
nicely with toggle struts.

> Actually, if you have DynamicLog configured but no StdinReader in xmobar,
> I'm a little surprised that xmonad isn't eventually hanging

Depends on exactly how 'eventually'. With the bazillion restarts I've
been doing, xmobar probably hasn't had the chance to hang around for
too long.