[xmonad] Going Gnomeless (and Unityless on Oneiric)

Jacek Generowicz jacek.generowicz at cern.ch
Sun Jan 15 01:27:24 CET 2012

At Sat, 14 Jan 2012 19:15:52 -0500,
Isaac Dupree wrote:

> On 01/14/2012 06:27 PM, Jacek Generowicz wrote:
> > Brandon Allbery wrote:
> >> although you may need to run xmonad under ck-start-session.
> >
> > Hmm, ck-start-session is news to me, and inital searches didn't make
> > me all that much wiser.
>
> Probably Brandon meant ck-launch-session... you should be able to search
> that!

Sorry, I spotted his mistake and found ck-launch-session, but then
copied his incorrect name in my reply. What I meant was that glancing
over my initial searches (whilst also checking out all sorts of other
stuff that he mentioned), this one left still mostly clueless as to
what it is about. Particularly surprising was that

   ck-launch-session --help

runs, but with no output whatsoever.

No man entry, nothing resembling documentation on the first few Google
searches.

Never mind, the other stuff is plenty to keep me busy for a while.