[xmonad] How to manage three monitors on two graphics cards?

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 09:43:11 CET 2012

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 20:31, Wolfram Kahl <kahl at cas.mcmaster.ca> wrote:

> * With Xinerama off, I have two displays,
>   and it appears that not only xmonad cannot move windows between the two.

For some reason the server is using legacy multihead mode, which as you've
observed is not all that friendly.  (BTW, in legacy multihead there is *no*
way to move windows between screens.  This is an X server limitation;
xmonad has no control over it.  It's one of the reasons that there exist
hacks such as xmove2.)  I would have expected that there be some way to tie
them together with xrandr, instead of it using legacy mode; but on the
other hand I seem to recall some vendors' video drivers don't support that
part of the xrandr spec.