[xmonad] Is it possible to reset Xmobar without restarting Xmonad?

Wirt Wolff wirtwolff at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 03:28:55 CET 2012

Excerpts from Leo Alekseyev's message of Sat Feb 11 18:22:03 -0700 2012:

> If anyone has advice on how to reset Xmobar without Xmonad restart (or
> at least how to make the Xmonad restart not touch my window config),
> I'd love to hear it!

I believe the newer versionns or possibly only the latest git xmobars
adjust to screen reconfigurations on the fly. Disclaimer: haven't run
xmobar in a long while, and no clue if tablet orientation changes are
different from normal xrandr xinerama screen changes.

As far as restarting, mod-q should only change window arrangement if
you've significantly changed the layoutHook in xmonad.hs. Normally all
the windows and workspaces remain as is. You aren't by chance using
mod-shift-q which would log you out of X11 are you?

Regards,