[xmonad] Release?

Carlos López Camey c.lopez at kmels.net
Sat Dec 15 23:40:17 CET 2012

2012/12/15 adam vogt <vogt.adam at gmail.com>:
> On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 4:22 PM, Carlos López Camey <c.lopez at kmels.net> wrote:
>> Hello Carsten, I've code I'd like to remove before a possible release.
>> The patch is attached with the following summary:
>>
>> I'll let X.A.Launcher stay as an example of a prompt with multiple
>> modes. This patch removes LocateMode and LocateRegexMode which were
>> used to search file paths.
>>
>> They are not optimal, they're slow and I'm working on another solution
>> which involves another dependency. The dependency is an experimental
>> indexer I'm writing, I believe that places my efforts outside the
>> scope of xmonad-contrib.
>
> Hi Carlos,
>
> You also wanted to remove spawnWithActions with your patch? As it
> stands, it isn't used or exported.
>
> Also on the side, the orElse1 you define as part of that function is a
> specialized version of Control.Monad.msum which seems to be in base.
>
> --
> Adam

Hello Adam, thanks for making sure my mistakes don't go through and
for the msum pointer. On haskell-cafe I found this one too, not long
ago:

Prelude> import Control.Applicative
Prelude Control.Applicative> :t (<|>)
(<|>) :: Alternative f => f a -> f a -> f a
Prelude Control.Applicative> Just 7 <|> Nothing
Just 7
Prelude Control.Applicative> Nothing <|> Nothing
Nothing
Prelude Control.Applicative> Nothing <|> Just 1
Just 1

Please find attached the patch that removes spawnWithActions.

cheers